Tuesday, January 11, 2011

WW Chicken Fried Rice

Three for three. This recipe is soooo good. And there is more than enough for leftovers. I cooked it in a wok because making stir fry in a skillet seemed odd.


Weight Watchers Chicken Fried Rice - 4 PointsPlus per serving (1 cup)


Ingredients for 6 servings:
PAM cooking spray
12 oz boneless chicken breast cut into 1/2 inch pieces (It says 'cubes', but I hate cubed meat)
4 egg whites (I kept one yolk in there for flavor. Oops.)
1/2 c scallions, chopped (green and white parts)
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 c carrots, diced (I suggest not accidentally buying baby carrots like I did. Dicing baby carrots is tough, so I sort of peeled them and used the little peel pieces.)
2 c brown rice (I didn't use brown since Mike doesn't love it, so I calculated my points using white rice)
1/2 c frozen peas, thawed
3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
+ I added a couple of squirts of Sriracha sauce for heat
+ I added mushrooms since Mike loves 'em

Instructions:

  • Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set pan over medium-high heat. Add egg whites and cook, until scrambled, stirring frequently, about 3 to 5 minutes; remove from pan and set aside.
  • Offheat, recoat skillet with cooking spray and place back over medium-high heat. Add chicken pieces until thoroughly cooked. Remove from pan and set aside.
  • Add scallions and garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Add chicken and carrots; sauté until chicken is golden brown and cooked through, about 5 minutes.Add chicken back into pan.
  • Stir in reserved cooked egg whites, cooked brown rice, peas and soy sauce; cook until heated through, stirring once or twice, about 1 minute. Yields about 1 cup per serving.
So, I followed the recipe loosely, but I had enough Points left for the day to play with it a little bit to make it taste the way we wanted. Yum!

1 comment: