Friday, February 5, 2010

Update on Health challenge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Now that it is February, I'm going to really focus on the Health challenge. I haven't done as much in that regard as I'd hoped to up until now, but in terms of updates...

- I wiped my cell phone off, um, once. It probably is germy again, I'd imagine.

- I tried to find pomegranate stuff that didn't cost an arm and a leg (One small jug of pomegranate juice is $8 at Giant Eagle! I could drink that in one day.) I'm still planning on purchasing this though: http://usa.weleda.com/our-products/shop/7270.aspx

- I have been eating tons of fish - which is high in antioxidants. So score there!

- I have been eating a henhouseload of eggs so that is good. They do fill me up so that I don't crave much else afterward. I like eggs. From my head down to my legs!

- I have done yoga most every day, but haven't practiced the Tree Pose each time. Will work on that one even though I fall over every time. Timmmberrr!

- I took Health's advice and have been following the South Beach Diet. I cheated a teeny baby handful of times, but for the most part have been fully ensconced on South Beach. I've lost 5.5 lbs and hope to continue to chip away at the muffin top.

- I got the grapeseed oil and have been putting it on my scrunch lines on my forehead and my crow's feet every morning and night for 3 days. I'm sure that it takes longer than that to make any difference, so that will continue. Mike is into this and makes me apply some oil to his crow's feet when he sees me doing it. He heard Dr. Oz mention it once so he is a firm believer since he read a couple of the Oz's books.

- I failed at the comedy club one. We will be missing Brian Posehn. I'll try for another show this month. I'd still like to get some good belly laughs while sipping on an overpriced drink.

- No kettlebell purchased yet. Those things are pricey. I was going to order one from Amazon, but I was afraid of the shipping cost. Them are heavy.

Pretty much dropped the ball on everything else, also. But the month is young so stay tuned for more updates. Happy February, everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the giggles. Congrats on your progress so far and good luck! ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete