Here's a link to the full recipe page on Cooking Light's website. http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=10000001949706
Here's a pic... Although my food as art skills need some serious work.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 cup pasta and about 1 1/4 cups sauce)
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic, divided
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 3/4 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
Preparation1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain; keep warm.
2. While pasta cooks, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic and shrimp; sauté or 3 minutes or until shrimp are done. Remove from pan; keep warm.
3. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil and onion to pan; sauté 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon garlic, pepper, basil, and oregano; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in tomato paste and lemon juice; cook 1 minute or until slightly darkened. Stir in crushed tomatoes, salt, and diced tomatoes; cook 5 minutes or until thickened. Return shrimp to pan; cook for 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve over pasta. (I'd add some Parmesan cheese, too!)