Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Lordy, lordy, look who's ...


I thought I'd be sad today - my 40th birthday. But surprisingly, I feel very happy and blessed and optimistic. Who I am on this day is a culmination of all of the crazy, wonderful, challenging, rewarding days before this one. I wouldn't change a thing. Those days led me to the friends that I have in my life, the wonderful man that I married, our beautiful new house, and the wisdom that can only come from what I've experienced. I am proud of the steps that I've taken to get here.

OK, sure, there are things that I'd love to change, but who can't say that? This year, I will be doing what I can to make my life and self even happier. My 30s were starting to seem a bit serious. Time to shake that off and enjoy this new chapter.

5 comments:

  1. You go, girl! Way to embrace this new decade! I'm excited to share the journey ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Enjoy the fresh smell of a new decade and fabulous life lived and yet to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great outlook, Molly! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's to the best decade yet! Danya

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and my brother have the same birth day! I wish you what I wish for him, an even better next 40 years. But it sounds as if you are doing just fine right now.

    - Facie (Lynnie's friend)

    ReplyDelete