Thursday, December 10, 2009

Hey there and recipe

Hi there. So it has been a while since I've added a blog post. Along with the cold and dark evenings, winter brings laziness. But I thought I'd check in and say hello. As long as I'm here, I thought I'd blog about a yummalicious dinner that I made this evening.

Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas



It is actually kind of funny where I found the recipe. When I was diagnosed with acid reflux, I bought a book of recipes to help me know what to cook that wouldn't make the reflux worse. This enchilada recipe was from that book. I didn't tell Mike that though. If you like enchiladas at all, I recommend that you try this recipe. It is super easy and soo good. And that's saying a lot since I don't like cheese that much.

Ingredients:
Three boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can of salsa verde
1 c sour cream
4 cups chicken broth
8 oz reduced fat, shredded Monterey Jack cheese
4 medium sized tortillas
1/4 c chopped green onions
Canola cooking spray

Instructions:

1) Add chicken breasts to medium sautee pan. Cover with chicken broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cook for 20 minutes.
2) Let chicken cool in chicken broth.
3) Remove chicken from broth and shred with fork.
4) In a mixing bowl, mix chicken with cheese and onions and set aside.
5) Preheat oven to 375 and coat 9 x 13 pan with canola cooking spray.
6) One by one, heat tortillas in nonstick frying pan. Then, lay approximately 1/2 cup of chicken/cheese mixture down the center of each tortilla. Spoon chicken broth down the center over the chicken/cheese mixture.
7) Roll up each tortilla and place, seam side down, in the baking pan.
8) Cover the pan with foil and bake for 22-25 minutes.
9) Mix salsa verde and sour cream in a bowl. Spoon over enchiladas when done. Serve remaining sauce in a small bowl.

You gonna like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment