Sunday, December 13, 2009

Shrimp Scampi

After cleaning out the fridge today and discovering that 75% of the fridge contents were tossable, I only had a few things to make for dinner. I decided to make shrimp scampi since I had the makings for it. Mmmmm Good. I love any kind of shrimp. Barbeque shrimp, boiled shrimp, lemon shrimp, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo, pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried...

Oh, and Tora - I watched Julie & Julia today and was definitely inspired to do something similar, but not with Julia Child's cookbook. Maybe a nice, safe Rachael Ray book to start. :P

The scampi picture doesn't do it justice. I need to practice my food art. Those beans look like they slid through an oil slick.

Shrimp Scampi



24 lg. uncooked shrimp (peeled, deveined, leaving tails on)
2 lg. garlic cloves, finely minced
1/2 stick butter
1/2 c. olive oil
1 c. white wine
1 tbsp. chopped parsley (I didn't have parsley. Skipped it.)
Lemon wedges
Italian seasoned bread crumbs

In a skillet, sauté a few spoons of bread crumbs, parsley and garlic in olive oil and butter until lightly browned. (Add garlic after a few moments so that it doesn't get brown.)

Add shrimp, marinade and juice from a couple of lemon wedges and cook until shrimp are pink (a few minutes) and juices in pan are bubbling hot.

Serve shrimp with scampi sauce for dipping, and garnish with lemon wedges.


Lip smackin' good!

1 comment:

  1. um that looks and sounds DELISH! I think I may have to steal this recipe

    ReplyDelete