Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Random Act of Kindness

My friend, Erica has a great cooking blog. Shout out! ... Simply Satisfying. On her blog, Erica ran a Random Acts of Kindness contest and I won! :) I love winning things. As anyone who knows me can attest, I'm a sucker for free stuff of any kind. And gifts. And samples.

Scene: Mike and I come home from work. I see a package on the stoop. I have no idea what it is since all of the Amazon gifts that I ordered for Mike's birthday were already received and wrapped. The package is addressed to me - from some Bath & Body Shop in New York. I have no idea what it is, but I'm smiling big! Inside are five containers of bath salts and a note saying that it was from Erica. I totally forgot about it, so it was SUCH a great surprise. With the stress of the house purchase, I can definitely use a nice soak that smells like vintage chardonnay. Thank you, Erica!! :)



To pay it forward, I'd like to run my own contest. Here are the rules:

Post a comment to my blog saying the thing that makes you happiest. Also post your email address.

I'll pick two people and send you something that I think that you'll like.

Hopefully it will make you smile like Erica's kind act did for me.

10 comments:

  1. Well this one is easy! My daughter makes me smile! That and crab leggs!! I love my double-consonants.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happiness is.... waking up on a Saturday, having nowhere to go, making pancakes, and sitting in front of the TV with jack and Lila watching What Not to Wear and Project Runway. I just love those times with my family. It doesn't get much better than that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Listening to my DH playing video games in the front room while I'm in the back room, reading with a fire in the wood-burning stove, one cat tucked on my chest and another tucked up under, or sometimes on, my legs. Their unconditional love makes me extraordinarily happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happiness is....Snuggling up with my hubs when I am not feeling well, hearing my nephew say I love you Nana, coffee or martinis and good conversation with my girlfriends. Loving and letting myself be loved makes me happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was thinking about doing a giveaway on my blog too! One of my favorite things is waking up on a Saturday morning next to DH. Warm bed, cool room, that's the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happiness is buttercream icing. Guinea pig nose-kisses. Finishing a race out in the fresh air (gosh, I miss this one). Hanging out with girlfriends. Kissing E.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happiness is a batch of cookies in the oven and sleeping in on the weekend, snuggled next to my hubby. And spending time with great friends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am big fan of paying to forward. That is great.

    If I had to pick just one thing that makes me happiest, it would be my daughter, particularly when she is being sweet, cute, kind, funny, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I meant paying IT forward. And I also meant A big fan. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A walk with Murphy and a houseful of friends or family! That makes me happy!!

    ReplyDelete