Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Closing week!


I can't think of much else. Is there anything else going on this week? :P ( Hey Nuelsi - You're moving this weekend!! Are we the happiest chicks in town or what?!) I've got a one-track mind lately! Friday is the closing day and Mike and I are beside ourselves with excitement. We also have taken to reminiscing about special times in our apartment. That is the first place in which we lived together, the place we lived when we got engaged and when we got married. We painted the walls our chosen colors and grilled some delicious dinners out on the deck. We wish that we had more people over for get-togethers, but life gets in the way, I guess. We will miss our porch, our close proximity to Frick Park, and all things East side. I am an East side kid. I grew up roller skating in the streets of Squirrel Hill and thought that I'd end up in the East at the end of it all. Well, I thought that I'd end up in Boca Raton playing gin rummy on a lanani with my sister in the end, but before that... I will miss the East, but am excited to experience life in the South Hills. I have wonderful friends that live over there and can't wait to spend more time with them. I am excited to be near South Park when I hear they have a pony rink and an outdoor theater! Whaaat? That is fun stuff!

I'll take pictures on Closing Day and post them here. I can't wait to show everyone the wonderfulness that is Casa Petruska! I can't believe the house is going to be ours. It has been a LONG time coming. I think that is why I feel so dang excited. I've lived in apartments for the past 20 + years. I can NOT believe that I will have my own yard, my own driveway, my own washer & dryer. Seriously, I'm going to have to get out of the habit of asking to have all of my change be given in the form of quarters. And I realize that I'll also have my own pipes to pay to get unclogged, my own furnace to have fixed... but I will welcome those frustrations with bear hugs and smooches because in the end it means that my husband (weehaw!) and I will have our own home (yahoo!!!). What a crazy, wonderful year and a half it has been!

3 comments:

  1. Your excitement is just pouring out of these pages. It's so fun to hear you talk about your move! You deserve this feeling of bliss, and I hope it lasts forever! Best of luck and love to you and Mikey in your new home, and I'm glad we'll be there to share it all with you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahoo!!! I hope you and the hubs have much happiness in your beautiful new digs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for your Friday! And yes, we are the luckiest girls around!

    ReplyDelete