Monday, May 17, 2010

House updates

We're still trying to get everything done at the house in order for it to feel oh so cozy, but the weekends are the only time we have since weeknights go so quickly. So, here is what we've been up to lately:


Mikey cut the grass. Yay! I love the lawn and our wonderful tree. I literally have gone out and patted the tree three or four times because I love owning our own tree.


I planted petunias and a couple of Gerber daisies in the planters out front. I hope they live. I have no idea what I'm doing, but I do it with love.


This is the area in our kitchen that was a broom closet. We (read: Mike) removed the doors from it so that we could put our great garbage can there. We can put brooms in the basement closet. No loss there. But we have some work to do in this little nook. I started off the renovation by painting the top shelf area a pretty lilac color. I went outside of my comfort zone and chose a fun color. I'm still not sure about it so if you like it, I'd love to hear it. I'm fighting the urge to paint over it with a nice, safe Barely Beige color.


What an overwhelming, awesome adventure to turn a house into a home. :)

4 comments:

  1. I like the lilac. Don't paint over it. Give it time. If you hate it in a year, then paint over it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray!! :Love the grebers!! Have fun with the house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I love the lilac. Yay, happy, happy home.
    :) Danya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the gerbers!
    And, you know how I feel about lilac...

    ReplyDelete