Monday, May 9, 2011

WW Honey-Glazed Salmon

So, I'm trying to eat foods that bring my high cholesterol number down. I have never been a fan of salmon, but figured I'd try it again since it is a great weapon against high LDL numbers. This dish was definitely yummy, but needed some sort of additional flavor kick. Not sure what that would be. The old standby... hot sauce? Or spicy mustard?

Excuse the brokenness of the fish. I was trying to see if it was flaky and done, but it was fighting me.


9 Points Plus per serving. Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 fillet)

Instructions:
  • Preheat broiler.
  • Combine first 7 ingredients, and stir well with a whisk.
  • Place fillets on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Brush with honey mixture; cook 12 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, basting frequently with honey mixture. Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 fillet).
Ingredients:

2 tbsp honey   
1 tbsp fresh orange juice

1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp hoisin sauce
2 tsp dijon mustard
1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper

4   6 oz salon filets (I actually did my maf wrong at the store and got two 6 oz filets and cooked those up. Oops. It was a lotta fish.)

1 spray PAM

P.S. I served it with green beans tossed with sesame oil and a little bit of coarse salt. Yum!









No comments:

Post a Comment