Tuesday, June 19, 2012

33 weeks

How far along? 33 weeks, 2 days
I took a couple of weeks off from blogging. I wish I could say it was because I was too busy having fun times, but not so much. But I'm back in business now!

Total weight gain: I'm actually not gaining. MFM doctor said to loosen up my GD diet a bit and try to eat more to see if I can gain some, but not to be concerned if I can't.

Appointments: So may appointments since last time, but most were with the ER and the colorectal surgeon. Nuff said about that. I did have a couple of OB appointments in there and one more growth u/s and an NST with MFM. The growth u/s showed that the little one was at 5.7 lbs at 32.5 weeks. Her tummy is still the only part measuring above the 95th percentile... not her head, legs, etc.  Which I'm happy about. But the MFM doctor did say that they'll have to see at my next growth u/s at 36 weeks how she's measuring. If she keeps on this weight gain trajectory that she has been on (1/2 lb per week now), they said they may have to induce me at 39 weeks or do a c-section. :/   I know, I know... everyone says the growth u/s measurements are notoriously wrong, but the MFM people are planning according to those measurements so I have no choice but to take them seriously. So the 36 week appointment will really tell us everything we need to know about her due date and delivery method. Aside from that, the little one is very healthy and so am I. My GD numbers are similar to someone without GD, the MFM doctor said. :)   Oh and she's head down and facing the left, which I'm really happy about and hope stays the same from here on out.

How big is baby and what's new with her? 

"This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (Or almost 6, like our little one) and has passed the 17-inch mark. She's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and her skeleton is hardening. The bones in her skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for her to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as her brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood."


Clothing?  I wore hang out clothes and pjs for 2 weeks which was great, but now I'm back at work and it's HOT outside and i need summer maternity clothes ASAP.

Sleep? No fun. I pee every 1.5 hours, my hips hurt, the weight of the bump pulls it down so I get wicked RLP a couple of times per night that wakes me up.

Symptoms? She has her feet firmly planted in or on my ribs. All day, she moves her feet and my ribs sort of move. It's freaky but also fun at the same time. I also feel her punch me down low a lot. The kicks and punches definitely are more uncomfortable now. But I welcome each and every one.  My morning sickness has returned a bit (Oh joy). If I don't eat every 2 hours, I get pretty nauseous. And super cranky. I feel bad for Mike. I say that a lot during this pregnancy. ;p   My hips hurt since they're still expanding. The maternity belt helps a bit with that. In general, I just feel big and uncomfortable. Often I just have a general feeling like I ate WAY too much. I feel large, but I definitely don't feel in charge. ;p
 
Other: My shower is this weekend and I could NOT be more excited!!! Celebrating the little girl with everyone makes me cry every time I think about it. It's not about me, it's about her. And I love that. I can't wait to see everyone there as I've been sort of a hermit through much of this pregnancy due to all of the symptom issues I've had.

Pictures: Bump is big.

2 comments:

  1. Love the update, MMP! Good to hear the GD is under control and you're being watched so closely. I hope the badness-that-shall-remain-unnamed stays better/under control and that you're feeling better. Enjoy your shower, take lots of pics. Or make sure lots get taken. You look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear you have been having such a hard time! We will be praying for you through the rest of your journey and cannot wait to see pics of this little one soon!!! Oh, and you look fab!!

    ReplyDelete