Thursday, May 31, 2012

How far along? 30 weeks, 4 days

Total weight gain: Not sure. I bet holding steady.

Appointments: Had an OB appointment this past Friday. Met another OB in the practice. They are all great so far. Yay. I'm measuring right on time according to the OB (via the tape measurer on the belly test).

How big is baby and what's new with her? 
"Your belly’s increasing size is a definite clue that your baby is getting bigger every day, weighing in at over three pounds now (she’ll be packing on the weight at a rate of half a pound per week for the next seven weeks). Also growing daily is her brain, which is actually starting to look like the real thing with those characteristic grooves and wrinkles. And now that your little genius can regulate her own body temperature and turn up the heat, she'll start shedding lanugo, the downy body hair that's been keeping her warm up until now." 

And seeing this picture makes me realize that the pressure causing the hemis makes sense. Her noggin is probably just pushing down on nerves down there like crazy! ...

 
Clothing?  I'm doing well after finding some clothes at the consignment sale and borrowing some more from good friends.

Sleep? Hips hurt. Hemis hurt worse. Sleeping, but it ain't easy.

Symptoms? This week and last were TOUGH. I actually skipped posting last week because I couldn't get my head in to it. So, first, I had so much pain from swelling and tendonitis in my wrist that I had to go to MedExpress. By wearing a splint for a few days, that went away ...thank God. The bigger problem turned out to be reoccurring pain due to hemis. I had to go to the ER twice over the holiday weekend due to the pain. A surgeon did what he could but said that they will have to resolve themselves. I am in pretty much the worst pain I've been in my lifetime and it may not end until after the little one is here. I'm praying that it resolves itself within the week, as the surgeon said could happen. Life is not fun while feeling this way. I'm super grouchy and just feeling down. The pain deflates my funniness and I'm like Fun Bobby on Friends after he quit drinking. I know it's a strange request, but if you pray, I could use some prayers regarding that business. It is really freaking me out.  Aside from those things, I'm having normal hip pain at night and some swelling in my hands. One cute thing that happens is when I take baths to help get relief from the pain, the little girl thinks it's time to swim. I can feel her in there squirming around like a fish!

Pictures:This is from last week. My face this week is too scrunchy and angry. I'm skipping this week's pic. The bump hasn't grown much anyway.



No comments:

Post a Comment