Tuesday, July 17, 2012

37 weeks

How far along? 37 weeks, 2 days
I haven't posted in a few weeks because a) I got super lazy, and b) carpal tunnel reared its ugly head and basically crippled my hands.  

Total weight gain: Holding steady at 159. Thinking this is as high as I'm going to get weight wise. That will equal a total pregnancy weight gain of 12 lbs!  Props to the gestational diabetes diet!

Appointments: I've had a few. The most important to mention would be the appointment with MFM last week where we had a growth u/s and found out that the girl was measuring at 7lb, 6 oz at 36.5 weeks. The MFM doctor recommended definitely getting her outta there by 39 weeks because of her increasing size. I had an appointment with the OB the next day and she agreed about the 39 weeks deadline and actually recommended going straight to planning a c section. The reasons being the baby's increasing size and maybe more importantly (since size estimates can be off) due to my hemi issues. She said she doesn't want me pushing long at all due to the risk of the hemis (sorry -i know - ew!) getting bad like they were. They also mentioned the risk of shoulder displacement if the little one IS big and gets stuck. I don't like that risk at all. So we're scheduled for a c section on 8/1. If I go into labor naturally before then, we'll still do a c section. I feel like I should try for a vaginal delivery, but I also trust the doctors and agree with the risks so I'm putting those feelings aside and am feeling excited just to git 'er done and meet our daughter!!!


How big is baby and what's new with her? 
"Your baby is now considered "full term," even though your due date is three weeks away. If you go into labor now, his lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb. (Some babies need a bit more time, though. So if you're planning to have a repeat c-section, for example, your practitioner will schedule it for no earlier than 39 weeks unless there's a medical reason to intervene earlier.)

Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel. (Our baby is measuring probably around 8 lbs now. She doesn't like to be average. :) )  Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz."

Clothing?  Just recycling the same ol' stuff. I don't want to buy any more maternity clothes with how close to l & d I am. But this 90 degree weather sure makes it hard to be this pregnant and have to find clothes!

Sleep? Peeing nonstop. Probably 4-5 times per night. Indigestion is a big challenge. Turning over ain't easy.

Symptoms? Heartburn/indigestion is so ridiculously strong now, ankles are super swollen, back hurts if I walk long at all w/o wearing the maternity support belt, I'm one drooling and snoring fool, and I feel congested most of the time. Hands are swollen too. I miss wearing my wedding rings! Carpal tunnel in both hands is feeling better thanks to cortisone shots. So happy about that one. 


Picture:   Blurry again. Not sure why. I cleaned lens of phone camera. Oh well...





1 comment:

  1. You look fab, as per usual! I am so excited you are so close! The peeing and turning and heartburn are such pains, but so worth it!! Squeee!

    ReplyDelete