Monday, July 23, 2012

38 weeks

How far along? 38 weeks, 1 day

Total weight gain: 12 lbs. I did decide this week that I'm having ice cream if and when I want it now, so maybe I'll pack on a couple of more lbs before 'labor day.'

Appointments: Just the bi-weekly NSTs so far. I do have a regular OB appointment on Friday.  The NSTs are fun because I get to hear her awesomely strong heartbeat, but she hides from the monitor device strapped ton my bump so the techs have to come in and chase her with it a lot. Little baby shenanigans! ;p

How big is baby and what's new with her? 
"Your baby's internal organs and systems are now fully developed. She's ready to enter the world. Her once spacious home inside your uterus has become cramped, and she has little room to stretch out her arms and legs."
 
Who knows how big our girl is. The 'normal' stats don't count for her. ;p   I bet she's a little bit over 8 lbs now.  Feels like she's 20 lbs of arms and legs pushing to get out!
Clothing? It's going to be another hot week. I'm over trying to find things to wear. I just want to wear mumus now. The focus now for me is purchasing some things that will be comfortable to wear post c section. I picked up some things at Old Navy this past weekend and a comfy nightshirt at Sears that won't scare away visitors if I'm wearing it when they come to meet her.

Sleep? So sad. I loooove sleep but right now, it's the worst time of the day/night for me. Peeing every hour still (thanks to being SUPER thirsty as soon as I get in to bed and having to chug water despite knowing the resultant 1000 bathroom visits). Turning over takes every ounce of strength I have. 

Symptoms? Heartburn is strong, but I've been eating foods that are safer for heartburn and they seem to be working, back hurts from lugging the bump around, general crankiness, congestion.

Picture: Thar she blows! ;p


  

No comments:

Post a Comment