Monday, January 31, 2011

Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken

Shredded chicken is my fave. I have a thing against cubed meats (blech), so shredded does it for me. This isn't a WW recipe. I bought it before I joined WW. I tried to figure out the PointsPlus value... I believe it is 10 points for one hoagie bun + chicken meat.

Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken (6 servings)
Amount Per Serving  Calories: 578 | Total Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 54mg 


Ingredients:

3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 bottle (17.5 fl oz) of Frank's Buffalo Sauce
1/2 (1 oz) package dry Ranch dressing mix
2 tbsp butter
Hoagie buns

Directions: 

Place the chicken breasts into a slow cooker, and pour in 3/4 of the wing sauce and the ranch dressing mix. Cover, and cook on Low for 6 to 7 hours. 

                                                                            (Before)


Once the chicken has cooked, add the butter, and shred the meat finely with two forks. Pile the meat onto the hoagie rolls, and splash with the remaining buffalo wing sauce to serve. 

                            (All that was left after we dug in. I have to remember to take pics before we eat.)

 Oh, and your house will smell like heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment