Monday, January 24, 2011

Slow Cooker Chili

I made chili for a get together with some fab friends the other night. I wasn't sure how it would turn out since it seemed like a slightly boring recipe, but it was good! It isn't a Weight Watchers recipe, but it doesn't seem to be too bad for you since I used lean ground beef and beans are 'superfoods' according to WW. My friend Dori's cornbread, however, was probably tres fattening, but MAN was it good. (Go Dori, it's your birthday!)

The picture isn't the best since I forgot to take a pic of the warm chili before we ate it all up. ;p  This chili is straight from the fridge. Picture hot smoking tendrils wafting up from it.

Ingredients:
2 lbs lean ground beef
2 cans kidney beans (I used 1 light and 1 dark)
1 8oz can tomato sauce
2 minced garlic cloves
2 medium onions, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
2 tbsp chili powder
2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
Dash of cinnamon (and in my case cinnamon sugar since that's all I had in the ol' pantry)
Shredded cheese (Whatever kind you like. I used a Mexican blend.)

Instructions:
Brown and drain ground beef.
Add beef and all other ingredients (except cheese) to slow cooker.
Cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
Serve with cheese sprinkled on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment