Monday, April 26, 2010

Progress is sloooow

We're finally out of the apartment! Sheesh, that was hard work. We didn't realize how much crap we bought and stuffed under beds and in closets and in the basement storage room. Our Feng Shui was so bad. No wonder I felt like my Qi was all wackadooish.

We haven't had much time at all to set up the house yet. We have had time to populate the 'dude room' in the basement with a ton of stuff. No dude will be hanging in that room for a while unless he feels comfortable perched on top of three plastic bins and a pile of winter coats. Although I'm sure if you gave a guy a beer and a room, he would perch anywhere.

But I don't care 'cause I can do laundry at my house. Without quarters. For free. Without dodging spiders in the basement of the apartment. I can't even... I'm so excited. We are using a loaner dryer for now until our dryer comes off of backorder and is delivered. But it works for me. I love them and want to marry them.


That is all of the news I have in terms of house stuff. We are hoping to fix up a lot this weekend. But first Mike has to mow the lawn. I saw our new, nebby neighbor Connie giving our yard the side-eye yesterday. Simmer down, Connie... We'll get to it.

Unrelated P.S. - If you haven't seen this website in my blogroll yet, please check it out. It makes me heart burst every time I look at it. http://www.kellehampton.com/

1 comment:

  1. Slowly but surely, it will all come together!!! Hurray for your house!!!

    ReplyDelete