Monday, April 12, 2010

We're in!


Closing was a success! We had a minor hiccup when we discovered during the walk-through that some repairs weren't done, but their serviceman is coming to the house this week to do what he didn't finish free of charge. Remind me later to tell the story of how when we called the number on the repair invoice from the seller, the phone was answered by some guy on the street who found the phone. Yeah... After that slight issue was figured out, we signed our life away and got our keys - one green key with flowers on it and one Steelers key. Guess who got which. :P

Pan to us jumping up and down outside the house like kids on Christmas morning looking at their Barbie townhouses (ok, maybe just I was jumping..not Mike). The house is so much better than I remembered and I wasn't sure that was possible. It feels like home already. There are more projects than we thought as the sellers sure did hide things like broken switch plates and bad paint jobs with pictures and candles well, but we're up for the challenge. I already made friends with Nancy at Lowe's.

I posted pictures on Facebook. If you didn't see them there, lemme know and I'll post some here. I'm too tired to do much more right now. MAN... homeownership is already exhausting. I discovered my new diet and exercise plan: House poor-ness and forgetting things downstairs.

It is all so great and thanks for being excited with us. We'll be sure to have a housewarming party eventually. The fire pit is calling for friends and s'mores and cocktails. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment