Wednesday, February 8, 2012

14 weeks along

How far along? 14 weeks, 3 days

Total weight gain:  Don't know. I'll find out at my ob appointment on the 16th. Still don't think I'm gaining since food and I are still barely on speaking terms.

Appointments: Next ob appointment is next week on the 16th. Can't wait to hear the little rapid heartbeat of Baby P again!

How big is baby? The little one is now the size of a lemon, 3.5 inches long and weighs 1.2 oz.  Baby can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck his thumb! Thanks to brain impulses, his facial muscles are getting a workout as his tiny features form one expression after another. His kidneys are producing urine, which he releases into the amniotic fluid around him — a process he'll keep up until birth. He can grasp, too, and may even suck his thumb.

Clothing?  My new jeans and pants from Motherhood are working out great! I'm still able to wear regular shirts.

Sleep?  I still get up twice each night to pee. I also still wake up every single night at 3:30 AM for no apparent reason. I'm trying to sleep with the Boppy body pillow, but it is so huge and knocks Mike in the face a few times each night. Oh and speaking of Mike... I'm selling him up the river: That boy snores alllll night long like Lionel Richie. I wear earplugs and yet still it comes on through to my eardrums. I feel bad but I may have to banish him to the guest room here and there so I can get as much sleep as possible. He still doesn't believe that he snores. Pfft.

Food Aversions? Still not in to most veggies. Or chicken. Or dry foods.

Symptoms?  The m/s is sloooowly going away, I think. It usually is most noticeable at dinner time. I'm still not that hungry though. One thing that is challenging is the amount my nose is running and how congested I am. I'm pretty sure my allergies are missing their pills. I am going to start taking an ob-approved allergy medication so I can get some relief and we don't spend baby's college fund on tissues. 


Other: I was diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes yesterday after taking the 3 hour glucose tolerance test on Saturday. I got da 'beetus! Boooooo. I knew it was possible since I failed the first test pretty badly, so I was prepared for the news, but it is not the best thing to find out. So I meet with a dietitian tomorrow to go over meal plans/choices and then I'll start testing my sugar levels after meals. I have to report back weekly. I am hoping since I didn't totally tank the test that I can regulate things via diet. I'll do anything to keep the little one safe and healthy so it's forward march... 


Picture: Sort of looks like last week. And maybe I should stop grinning like a creeper.



2 comments:

  1. LOLed at the grinning like a creeper line! I think your grin is gorge, though :-)

    ReplyDelete