Thursday, February 16, 2012

15 Weeks

How far along? 15 weeks, 4 days

Total weight gain:  Lost 1 lb since last month. Think that has to do with getting used to the gest diabetes diet. I'm eating SUPER healthy and not a ton of food for each meal. The OB wasn't concerned.

Appointments: Had one today. :)   Heard the heartbeat - nice and strong at 160something. I'm measuring perfectly for my due date. Next appointment is on Mike's bday - March 16th. But before that, we have the gender scan/ultrasound on March 5th!!! I'm so so so excited for that. Fun fact from the appointment today: The OB (one I've never met before) came in kinda close to shake my hand at the end, I got confused and hugged her. Niiiice.

How big is baby? The little one is now the size of an apple, about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces. (So tiiiny still!)  He/she's busy moving amniotic fluid through the nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in the  lungs begin to develop. His/her legs are growing longer than his/her arms now, and he/she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although the eyelids are still fused shut, he/she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, he/she's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but he/she is forming taste buds. 

Clothing?  I'm in maternity pants every day now. And I feel like my bump popped a lot this week so my regular shirts are sorta clinging to the bump.

Sleep?  Not getting up as much to pee during the sleeping hours. Maybe once - sometimes twice. Mike has been banished to the guest room at night except on the weekends so I can get a solid night's sleep before work and not be kept up by his log sawing.

Food Aversions? Not as many. Still chicken a bit. Staying away from foods that cause gas for reasons that involve much regret over not doing so.

Symptoms?  Shhh - I think the nausea may be outta here. Knock on every single plank of wood near you though because I'm not 100% sure yet. I sure have been having gas pains. I am attributing that to the GD diet though. The new symptom is muscle stretching in my stomach. Um... ow! I'm also still pretty exhausted in the late afternoon and have to go to bed by 9:30 PM.

Other: I seem to be managing the GD through diet. My levels are all good after each meal. Yay! I meet with the Dr to go over these numbers on Tuesday. We'll see what they say. It has been hard for my body to adjust to the diet though. I've switched to only lactose free protein options. I used to be able to ignore my lactose intolerance and just deal with it because I didn't eat tons of cheese or drink lots of milk, but now there's no ignoring it.

Picture: Looks like I popped a bit, no?


2 comments:

  1. Hey Woman -- Awesome! You look great and I love this format! :-) You crack me up. Love, your SFAM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the look of your bathroom. Industrial chic!

    ReplyDelete