Tuesday, February 28, 2012

17 weeks

I skipped posting last week. It wasn't a great week. 
 
How far along? 17 weeks, 2 days

Total weight gain:  I believe I weigh the same as I did 3 weeks ago. I'd like to gain weight, but with the GD diet, I don't see that happening until the baby itself causes me to gain weight. I'm healthier now than I've ever been in in my life -diet wise.

Appointments: Had an appointment with Maternalfetal Medicine to discuss my gestational diabetes blood level results. I'm doing ok controlling it through diet, but they want to treat me as a pre-diabetic due to my age and that will mean lots more appointments to monitor the baby once I hit 28 weeks.    The next appointment is our anatomy scan on March 5th. YAY!
 
How big is baby? The baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone, and the umbilical cord — the lifeline to the placenta — is growing stronger and thicker. He/she weighs 5 ounces now (about as much as a turnip), and he/she's around 5 inches long from head to bottom. (I can't wait to not have to write he/she!)

Clothing? I need more maternity clothes!

Sleep?  Sleeping ok but I really miss sleeping on my stomach and even flat on my back now. I have found myself sleeping sitting up so that I can sleep in a position other than on my side. I've been using a small pillow between my knees to keep my back aligned. Don't need no back problems!

Food Aversions? Not as many. Still don't love dry foods though.

Symptoms?  My stomach may just hurt until the baby is here. I'm becoming convinced of that one. Oh wells. It's all worth it!


Other: We were in a car accident last week. (See, told you it was a bad week) We're all fine but it was SCARY! Everyone please pay attention to red lights. Don't treat them as optional as the idiot who hit us did.

Picture: Told you I need more maternity clothes. I'm repeating clothes now every week. Does the belly look bigger? I can't really tell. 



1 comment:

  1. I used to be a stomach and back sleeper before I got pregnant, but even after 7 years, I still can't do either. Stomach sleeping is impossible; it kills my lower back... oh, how I miss it so! Back sleeping is ok, but it's not like it used to be. I hope that you don't have that same problem.

    ReplyDelete