Friday, March 16, 2012

19 weeks!

How far along? 19 weeks, 5 days
 
Total weight gain: Gained 2 lbs total since my positive pregnancy test. I'm actually happy about that. Baby needs nutrients - as does Mom.

Appointments: Had an appointment today with the OB. Everything looks good. I'm measuring right on track, baby's heartbeat is strong and in the 160s.

How big is baby? She weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.  (Nobody wants a pickled baby!)

Clothing?  Got a bunch of (8) shirts at Ann Taylor Loft this past weekend. Their new Spring line includes tons of peasant style shirts and flowy shirts with elastic waistbands. I was a happy, happy camper to leave the store with so many shirts that worked. They won't work for the whole pregnancy since they aren't truly maternity shirts and the bump will poke out eventually, but for now they're awesomesauce!! 

Sleep? Sleep time has kind of stunk lately. My hips have been hurting and so has my growing belly. The round ligament pain is fierce right now. I figured out that sleeping with the maternity belt (Godsend!!!) on and using the Boppy pregnancy wedge works really well.  The 'getting up to pee' thing is sort of out of control right now. I'm up probably 4-5 times each night still doing that. I thought that slowed down after the first tri. No such luck!

Food Aversions? None that I can think of, except I'm very sick of nuts and peanut butter courtesy of the GD diet. And I have a strong aversion to NOT having ice cream lately.

Symptoms? Only have nausea maybe 1 time per week - maybe. :)    New things: Hip pain, Charlie horses in my thighs, wicked Round Ligament Pain on right side, back pain. Just lotsa new pains.

Picture: One from the front this time. The side one made me look like a circle.


She's in there allright. Growing big and strong. :) 

1 comment:

  1. This is a great bump picture! You know, despite the work bathroom and all! But I like the consistency of the pic locations :-)

    ReplyDelete