Friday, March 23, 2012

Halfway there! 20 Weeks

How far along? 20 weeks, 5 days
 
Total weight gain: Not sure. I haven't stepped on the scale for a few days. I feel about the same though. Round.

Appointments: We don't have any appointments until April 16th now. Booo. I love hearing the heartbeat of the baby girl!

How big is baby and what's new with her?
She is getting used to all of her developing parts. She is moving around (and I can feel it! Like a little fishie swimming around in there. Coooooooool.)  She measures about 6 inches, about the length of an eggplant, and weighs about half a pound.  (That seems big! I'm sure it won't once she's the size of, I don't know, a bowling pin or whatever comes next.) Her hair and nails continue to grow and her limbs are well developed.
 
Clothing?  Now in need of t-shirts, shorts, and capris. It's such a warm Spring already!

Sleep? Don't need to sleep with the maternity belt right now - just the Boppy wedge under the bump and a pillow between my knees and ankles. But I do need to readjust all of those things when I get up to pee every 2 hours. Pee often = prep for motherhood. Well played, evolution or biology or what have you.

Food Aversions? None. :)

Symptoms? Nausea has come back a bit most days between the hours of 3:45 and 6:30. Rawr. Hoping this doesn't last long. RLP isn't too bad this week - nor is back pain. I'll take it!

Picture

1 comment: