Friday, April 6, 2012

22

How far along? 22 weeks, 5 days
 
Total weight gain: Not sure. Is it bad that I'm just letting the OB weigh me at my monthly appointment? I'm not too concerned about gain due to the GD diet. Plus their scale reports such different numbers than my home scale that I can't be sure what's what.

Appointments: April 16th - OB and Maternalfetal Medicine appointments coming up. I can't wait!!!

How big is baby and what's new with her?
Little Miss P is measuring around 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound. She is starting to look like a miniature newborn. Her lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and she's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath her gums. Her eyes have formed, but her irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. Interesting milestones:
  • Baby reacts to loud sounds.
  • Baby starts having a regular sleeping and waking rhythm.  (Yes - she seems to be sleeping a lot when I'm at work. Wakes up on the ride home.)
  • The mother's movements can wake her baby.
  • Taste buds are forming on your baby's tongue.
  •  Sounds from a conversation are loud enough to be heard by the fetus in the uterus. If you talk, read, or sing to your baby, it's reasonable to expect her to be able to hear you.
Clothing?  Still doing well with what I have. Yay for cooler Spring weather!  I do need some more hang out pants though. The one pair of maternity yoga pants I have aren't enough.

Sleep? Not the funnest time ever. Can't.get.comfortable!

Food Aversions? None. :)

Symptoms? Ab muscles stretching = ouch. There is one area right down the middle of my entire stomach that aches a lot. Things are definitely stretching.

Picture:Looking bigger?


1 comment:

  1. Squeee! Looking bigger for sure! There's a baby in there. :)

    ReplyDelete