Friday, May 11, 2012

27 weeks - 3rd tri!

How far along? 27 weeks, 5 days.  What to Expect says I'm in the third trimester, so I'm calling it as such. Yay!

Total weight gain: According to the OB today, I gained 1 pound since my last visit 3 weeks ago. Still only something like a 6 lb gain total. Yay again!

Appointments: We had a MFM appointment on May 9th and they did a growth u/s. Turns out that the girl is super happy and healthy in there. She's measuring above the 95th percentile for weight. She's around 3 lbs now. Oh boy! It apparently isn't due to my 'beetus since my blood sugar numbers have been excellent. She's just measuring bigger right now. That could slow down or it could not. I bet it doesn't since her tummy has been measuring at least a week ahead since 18 weeks. Not sure if I'll be induced as early as 38 weeks or not yet, but my OB did say that they won't let me go past my due date (8/5). They'll make that call as we go along in the next several weeks.  I go to the OB every 2 weeks now instead of every 4. And we have our next growth u/s and our first Non-stress Test with MFM on June 14th (I'll be 32 weeks).   Additional info from the appointments: She's head down now (yay!), heartbeat is great, my bp is excellent, I don't have low iron and therefore don't need to supplement that.  Hmm, that's all I think.

How big is baby and what's new with her? 
"This week, baby weighs almost 2 pounds (Wellll... not my baby. ;p) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, her brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle."   She still feels like a very active Kung Fu master in there. I love it!
 
Clothing?  I got a few things at Motherhood last week (tshirts, a pair of shorts, a pair of capris), but I need more for the warmer weather. I'm getting tired of seeing myself in the same clothes over and over again.

Sleep? Hips are hurting while I sleep still. Peeing during the night count = 3.
 
Symptoms? Indigestion is bad now. I'm a burping machine. I'm taking Zantac twice a day (OB approved!) for it and it does help. Braxton Hicks are still happening, but only maybe once per day. Hips hurt, back hurts, feet are swelling.

Pictures: I look humungous in this picture! Big ol' bump comin' at ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment