Monday, September 21, 2009

Blog shyness

I started this blog very gung ho and excited about sharing my thoughts and opinions and funny stories. Wahoo - fun times! Well, I guess I didn't figure in that people may not agree with me or have anything to say about my posted topics. Hmmm. A sensitive person has to be careful about authoring a blog, I guess. (Stop laughing, sister. Haha.) I would post about things happening in my life, but nothing exciting is going on.

Um, Fall TV is starting up. I'm excited about that. I do love Fall TV. Medium, Big Bang Theory, 30 Rock, House, Fringe... and I'm excited to see Flash Forward (Yay Charlie!). Mike said that Fall TV is too stressful and he is only picking one show to watch. Hahahahaha. That crumbled on Thursday night when The Office started and I asked him if he was going to pick The Office or Big Bang Theory as his one show. Mikey didn't have much to say then. Silly boy. Fall TV is good times. It relaxes me after a long day of hardly working. It makes me laugh after a long day of being sensitive. :P

I'm going to solicit some Comments with this post. I am curious... What candles do you use in your house/apartment/other type of dwelling that last long? I love to have candles going every night (especially in the Fall), but I feel like all I do is buy candles. Should I splurge and get Yankee large jar candles even though I can't imagine paying more than $10 for a candle? What do you use?

15 comments:

  1. I use Yankee Candles because one does last a really long time. However, my DH has some hesitation regarding what we are breathing in as far as chemicals and fragrances, so I decided to start getting some fresh air in the place instead of always burning candles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Intersting. Fresh air, you say? Huh. Point taken. -haha. But also thanks for the Yankee candle opinion. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We, especially E, are big candle fans. We use Yankee the most, but we only buy them on sale at BBB. They always have at least 3 scents on sale there.
    Sometimes they are on sale at Marshall's or TJ Maxx.
    Once in a while, we buy some at Target. They are good, but don't last as long.
    When desperate, we get Glade. They don't last at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. People are never going to agree 100% with what you say but "That's Life" (LOL).

    Yankee burn slowly but I don't think that they're the strongest. I love Febreeze candles but think that they burn pretty quickly for as expensive as they are (but I always buy the holiday ones because they smell so strong and amazing). Soy candles always smell much stronger (even the Glade ones). I really want to buy a Febreeze soy candle but am to hesitant to pony up the $10 for one because I know how fast their normal ones burn. I'm so irritated because I bought this candle at Gabe's for $3.99 that is sooo strong and that I love (it was burning in my dining room when you girls came over) and now I can't find another one anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got some Yankee candles at the Yankee store at the Pittsburgh mills. They were bogo.

    I also enjoy the Febreeze plug ins. They are very strong, last longer than candles, and you don't have to worry about forgetting to put them out. They make a huge difference when you have pets.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bogo Yankee? That could be worth it. Thanks, Peg!

    And thanks 'burghmama about the soy candle tip. I'll look into that. I'll feel very healthy when using them. Haha.

    Febreeze plug ins... I'll check them out. Mike isn't a pet, but he does get kinda stinky after a long run. :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Molly, I like your haircut! I am adding you to my google reader so I don't miss your posts. Danya

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Molly! I'll comment! :) I am sooooo excited for fall TV!

    I love the Febreeze candles too. I get tired of a scent quickly, so I don't love the Yankee large jars. I feel like we only burn them for a few months and then I want something new.

    Kelly Rose

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Danya! I miss you! :)

    Thanks, KR. Looks like another vote for Febreeze. I'll have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Molly,
    It's Fall TiVo season here (due to travel) and I'm ready! House! DWTS! Office! Grey's Anatomy! Desp Housewives! Wooohooooo!

    I have a bit of a candle problem... but I've weaned myself off the Illuminations (and it helped that they closed their stores) and have slowly backed off of the Bath and Body Works/Henri Bendel Candles (except for the cute holiday ones).
    I do splurge a bit on Aveda candles -- the "Shampure" one smells really good and lasts a long time, but is pricey.
    Guess I didn't help you out with bargain candles, but can recommend some $$ ones! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Meeps, I'm becoming a fan of those plug ins myself but my favorite ones are now from Bath & Body Works. They last monger than Yankee. (shhh - don't tell Dave) BUT I agree - they have stuff in them that is terrible for you. And it leaves black soot all over that we don't see. I'd do soy, but they just don't smell as strong.

    Maybe you can combine your love of Hollywood and candles and buy the candles that Sandra Bullock makes - all soy and good for you, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sandra Bullock has a candle line?! *runs to check*

    ReplyDelete
  13. I usually buy Yankee also. I may have to try some of the suggestions above!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Molly ~ if you can find a good Soy candles I highly recommend. I love everything from Oakmont Candle Co. They burn SO clean.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh - Oakmont Candle Co? I'm going! I love Oakmont shops! Thanks Leslie!

    ReplyDelete