Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Health Challenge


I was watching TV yesterday (unlike my brave friend Dori, who gave it up for a week) and I saw a commercial about an upcoming news story. It was about a woman who followed Oprah's advice for one full year. Whu?! I was instantly intrigued. How in the world could she do that? Is she the most self-actualized woman in the world now? In any case, it inspired me to try something. In an effort to get healthy, I'm going to take one issue of Health magazine and do, for one month, at least 12 things that the magazine advises. I haven't looked through the magazine yet, but this mission will include taking advice on beauty products, exercise tips, eating tips, or anything else that I can do without breaking the bank or challenging my lactose intolerance. I'm excited. I can handle a month of doing something out of my usual routine. Plus it's winter and cold and boring... I need a project. So, stay tuned. I'll update my blog with my 12 chosen challenges soon.

3 comments:

  1. You go, girl! You can do it. I'm excited to see your list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds goo--good luck!! I might pick up the issue and see what I can do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Molly, I am Lynnette's friend, and I checked out your blog since it was on Lynnie's page. I am a blog addict, I am afraid.

    Anyway, I am looking forward to reading about your 12 things. I used to read Health, and I seem to recall there were some pretty good things (I was more of a Self fan, however). Maybe that will motivate me more. Probably I should check out blogs about/by slacker people like me; I have to think I am in good company.

    ReplyDelete